The academy will not bypass our uniform expectations as a result of receiving notes from parents/carers explaining uniform discrepancies.
We are very proud of our uniform and believe the uniform should be worn with pride. Pupils are asked to follow the uniform rules closely and present themselves as they would do in the world of work. Academy uniform develops a sense of loyalty to the community which students are members, and we always encourage them to take a pride in their appearance. Students are expected to wear full academy uniform on the way to and from the academy, and to understand that they represent the academy whilst in uniform.
The academy uniform
- Navy blue official Moor End Academy blazer with academy logo
- Official Moor End Academy Year tie
- Y7-10 Plain white full-sleeve or short sleeve academy shirt with button fastening at the collar
- Y11 Plain sky blue full-sleeve or short sleeve academy shirt with button fastening at the collar
- Plain mid grey full length formal trouser (tailored fit – not skinny fit) or plain box pleated mid grey knee length skirt
- Plain black slip-on or lace up shoes (no trainers, pumps or boots)
- Plain black socks (not trainer socks) or plain black tights
- Appropriate school bag
- Planner and basic equipment
- Official grey Moor End Academy pullover (optional)
- Plain clothing should not contain visible badges, writing or insignia.
- Trousers and skirts should not be constructed from denim, linen or canvas
Jewellry is restricted to:
- One pair of small plain silver or gold studs (no hoops, coloured or diamante earrings and no more than one stud in each ear)
- One small silver or gold bracelet
- One small silver or gold ring
- One small silver or gold nose stud
- Hair accessories (alice bands, hair slides etc.) should be small, black, navy or red
- Hair dyed in bright colours is not permissible
- Eye brow slits are not permissible
- Patterns or lines shaved into hair is not permissible
- Head scarves can be worn but should be plain black (no logos, embroidery, fringing or beading) and should be secured with a safety pin. Other pins used to secure head scarves will be confiscated.
|Year 7||Year 8||Year 9||Year 10||Year 11|
Grey tie turquoise stripe
Grey tie red stripe
Grey tie navy blue stripe
Grey tie royal blue stripe
Navy tie with grey stripe and M logo
For each lesson students will need:
- 2 of each: Black/blue, red, purple and green pens
- 2 Pencils
- Pencil case
- A bag big enough to carry all equipment, homework and books.
Physical Education Uniform
- Football boots male and female (plastic studs/blocks)
- Laced trainers (no plimsolls)
- Multi-studded astro turf trainers
- Black/red football socks
- Black shorts (plain)
- Black Moor End Academy tracksuit bottoms or plain black leggings or plain black tracksuit bottoms
- Black Moor End Academy polo shirt
- Moor End Academy black rugby shirt (boys only)
- Gum Shield (Rugby)
- Shin Pads (Football)
- Moor End Academy hooded sweater
Please note: Many PE lessons will take place outside in all weather conditions, as long as it is deemed safe to do so and activities will be adapted accordingly. For this reason, students are advised to wear an academy hoody and black, waterproof sports jacket.
Natasha’s School Wear (Uniform and PE Kit)
2 Buxton Way
Bridge School Wear (PE Kit Only)
4-6 Scar Lane
Please note: Ties are also available from the academy.
Recommended Shoe Suppliers
Wynsors World of Shoes