Open the Moor End website (www.moorend.org)and open Student Links from the Portals tab.
Microsoft TEAMS Student Guide
Log into Office 365 (see instructions above).
Once you have clicked to join the meeting (your lesson) check your microphone and camera are turned off.
Video off Microphone off
Click Join now.
To let the teacher know you have a question, click the raise your hand button.
To comment on the lesson or answer a question use the tab shown below to type in for the teacher to see.
Type your message in the chat box and click on the arrow to send.
Your questions or comments should be linked to the lesson only and not to communicate with the others in the lesson.
Completing and submitting an assignment or HW:
1. To complete an assignment you will need to open the assignment which will appear on your Posts. This will then show the full details of the assignments and any of the resources required to complete it.
2. ‘My work’ section will have any resources that you may need to use or the document to complete for the assignment.
3. To upload your assignment click the ‘Add work’ button and attach. If you need help with an assignment either email your teacher or ask through the posts section.
4. This video link here will talk though this process: Students Guide to Microsoft Teams - Completing Assignments (Homework/remote learning tasks) in Teams
Microsoft TEAMS attitude to learning expectations:
You will be expected to behave in a respectful manner during the ‘live lesson’ and engage with your learning. You will use the platform sensibly and follow the TEAMs student guide at all times.
Independent learner - Highly motivated and dedicated in their learning
Engaged learner – Dedicated and ‘on task’ with the live lessons
Coasting learner - Effort varies from reasonable to good, but not fully motivated
Concern learner - is often ‘off task’ unless closely supervised
Microsoft TEAMS learning sanctions:
Positive discipline will be followed for any inappropriate behaviour whilst using Microsoft TEAMs. Your parents will be contacted and you will have a comment on Behaviour Watch if you do not use Microsoft TEAMS respectfully. You must therefore:
• Never remove someone from the lesson.
• Post any comments that are not related to your learning or the lesson topic.
• Take over the lesson PPT and move slides during a lesson.
Teams Video Guides
For further assistance on using the features within Teams, you may want to watch the videos listed below.
Centre ID: HD4ME2
Your User ID: ddmmyyXY (date of birth and initials in capitals)
Password: initially same as User ID but then whatever you have changed it to.
If you are still having difficulties after following the above instructions, contact the IT Helpdesk by email on ITHelpdesk@edu.moorend.org.
For all Maths Watch issues please contact Mrs Boothroyd by email on email@example.com.
1) Please navigate to the following page on your web browser https://vle.mathswatch.co.uk/ - Alternatively, if you type MathsWatch into Google it will be the first link. You will be presented with the below.
2) Use the login details provided by your class teacher to log into MathsWatch. The username in most cases is in the format firstname.surname@moorend – This is not always the case, especially if someone else has the same name as you, so check with your class teacher. The password is set as instructed by your maths teacher (all lower case) as default. It is recommended you DO NOT change the password.
3) Once successfully logged into MathsWatch, it should look something similar to the page below.
In the top right-hand side of the screen it shows the students name, so check that you have logged into the correct account. You should be able to see any maths homework that has been assigned to your account. In the instance above, the student has been assigned a homework on Factors, Multiples and Primes.
4) Click on the title of the homework and it should open as shown below.
You will be greeted with the page above, which is an overview of the Homework set by your teacher. There are some helpful videos which explain the topics in the homework and can be watched before.
5) Once ready, click Begin Homework in the bottom left hand corner.
The homework will begin, do any working out on a piece of paper and then put the final answer in the box on the right-hand side. Once the answer is written in, please press the submit button and move onto the next question.
Repeat this process for however many questions there are on your homework. Results will automatically be sent to your class teacher.
Once the homework is finished, you just sign out of MathsWatch or close your internet browser.
MathsWatch can also be used as a tool for revision. Once logged into the home page, if you click videos on the top of the page it will allow you to pick a topic and view the videos and questions as shown below.
Search for the topic on the Right-hand side, watch the video clip.
After the clip, it gives you two options. An interactive worksheet which is highlighted in yellow above or a worksheet which you can print.
1. Visit www.linguascope.com
Email you teacher for the username and password.
2. Select your level (KS3 - beginner, KS4 - intermediate) and language, or practise conjugating your verbs.
3. Choose your topic.
4. Practise your way through fun games and activities.
Activating your GCSEPod account (First time log in)
1. Go to www.gcsepod.com and click 'Login'.
2. Click on ‘New to GCSEPod? Get Started’.
3. Select ‘Student’ and enter your full name, date of birth and the name of your school.
4. Set a username and password for your account. Use your school email address as the rescue email address.
You’ll then be logged in for the first time! Next time just go straight to the login page and enter the username and password you created.
Student Account Troubleshooting
Forgotten your password?
If you cannot remember your password then don’t worry there are a few ways you can recover this and get logged in:
1. Remember your password from your password hint
2. Reset the password through a password reset email.
3. Our team reset your password for you
4. Ask your teacher if they can reset your password
* If you have forgotten your username you can find this through methods 1 or 4 *
Method 1: Remember your password from your password hint
1. On the login page click on ‘Need help? Forgotten my login details’
2. Select ‘Student’ and provide your name, date of birth and the name of your school
3. The password hint will be shown and the your may remember your password from it. This will also tell you your username.
Method 2: Reset the password through a password reset email.
1. If the hint does not work then on the same page enter your email address and select ‘Send Reset Link’
2. An email will be sent to that address with a link to reset your password.
* Please note this is only available if you provided a reset email when activating your account or through the ‘My Account’ section when logged in previously. *
Method 3: Our team reset your password for you
1. Our support team are on hand to help with log in issues. On the bottom left of the login page see the ‘Need Help’ speech bubble and click on the + sign on the banner.
2. This will open up a chat window to get immediate support from a member of our team. To reset a student’s password they will ask for your full name, date of birth and the name of your school.
Our team will provide a temporary password for you to log in with and once logged in you should then change this to something more secure.
* If live chat is not available then our support team can also be called on 0191 338 7830 between 8.30am and 5pm. We are also contactable by email to firstname.lastname@example.org *
Method 4: Ask your teacher if they can reset your password
Your teacher is able to reset your password and access your username through their own login. If you are able ask them if they can log in and do this for you. Ask your teacher to follow the below steps to do so:
1. Please sign in to your GCSEPod account and click on ‘Monitor & Manage’ from the home page.
2. On the top right of the page enter your student’s name in the User Search bar and click ‘Search’.
3. Your student’s account information should appear below. You can also get their username here if they are unsure of this:
4. Look to the right on their record and click on ‘Reset Password’ under the ‘Actions’ column.
5. Reset the student’s password for them by entering a new one and clicking ‘Submit’.
Still can’t get logged in?
If you still are unable to get logged in then there may be another issue with your account which needs to be resolved by your school. Please let your teacher know about the issue. They can then get support from our team and we will help them resolve any problems with your account. If you need support which has not been covered by this guide then please do get in touch with us. We’re available on 0191 338 7830 between 8am and 5.30pm or by email to email@example.com.