Aims and Ethos
Enjoy and Achieve: Every Day Matters
The role of Moor End Academy is to achieve excellence for each individual in learning and personal development. In order to realise this, our primary aim is to provide a safe, exciting and active environment for learning that:
- encourages the development of self awareness and confidence whilst at the same time promoting sensitivity, support, appreciation and respect for others;
- provides the learning opportunities that lead to continuous improvement in achievement;
- recognises and rewards all achievement;
- allows all students to share positive experiences, to feel valued and to enjoy their life at the Academy;
- assists individuals to develop the skills and knowledge needed for their current and future roles within society;
- encourages parental and community involvement in all aspects of the life of the Academy.
In line with the Equalities Act 2010 regarding publishing information on equalities, please click here to find a copy of our policy statement.
Moor End Academy is a caring academy with highly skilled, well qualified and experienced staff. We have supportive governors and an excellent track record of success at all levels. We are an academy where order, discipline and respect for ourselves and others are the key to a happy and safe learning environment.
We expect the highest standards of achievement, behaviour, attendance, punctuality and appearance from our students. We believe that our academy provides the ideal environment for our students to reach their potential in all subject areas. Achievements are celebrated by rewarding good work, effort and behaviour through Credits, Postcards, Certificates and a major Award Ceremony.
We believe that education should be challenging, interesting and enjoyable, and should develop the increasing wide range of skills and abilities that young people need for their future whether it be further education or employment. It is our responsibility to ensure that students have a happy academy life and every opportunity for success. Parents are central to our ethos and building effective partnerships with parent and carers is essential.